The main functions of humidifier are as follows:
1. Prevent the fluHumidifiers may reduce the risk of influenza, according to the authors of one study.When the flu virus was added to the air in a simulated fashion, the researchers found that particles that were more than 40 percent moist quickly became inactive, greatly reducing their infectivity.
2. Reduce coughingDry air causes a dry cough.Increased humidity in the air allows the respiratory tract to receive more moisture, which can effectively reduce the occurrence of cough.
3. Reduce snoring symptomsAdding moisture to the air also reduces snoring.If the air is dry, a person's airways are less likely to get enough lubrication, which can make snoring worse.Turning on a humidifier at night to add moisture to the air may help relieve some symptoms.
4. Reduce dryness of hair and skinSome people's hair and skin become dry and brittle in winter.Many types of heating devices pump hot, dry air through the house or office, which can make skin dry, itchy or flaky.The cold air outside can also dry out the skin.Using a humidifier to add moisture to indoor air may help solve this problem
5. Reduce allergies and asthma symptomsStudies have shown that humidifiers can reduce asthma symptoms.Proper use of humidifiers is also a great way to reduce symptoms of allergies and asthma.People with dry sinuses or airways are prone to allergic reactions and may find that humidifiers can alleviate their problems.
6. Family benefitsThe moisture from the humidifier helps the environment in your home.Any wet-loving indoor plants may become more vibrant, and wood floors or furniture may last longer.Humidity also helps prevent wallpaper cracking and electrostatic buildup.Moist air is also warmer than dry air, which can help people save money on electricity in winter.